Thursday, August 25, 2011

Saying Goodbye to the P.O. - an article from YES!

Rather than share my own entry today, I'd like to share a story from YES! Magazine on small post offices that are threatened with closure due to the struggling US Postal Service. The article, "Saying Goodbye to the P.O." which talks about the great loss it would be for one small town to close its post office. Having lived in Stanley, Idaho, pop. 99 (as of 2006 - maybe the population has increased since then!), I loved my weekly trips to the post office, where you were sure to at least see another soul, and you might get some news about anything that happened around town (closed roads and wolf sightings, for example). Please click on the above link to read the article.

I'm trying to do my part to keep the USPS in business! One stamp, one letter at a time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment